As seen in Media News, Fall 2017
Media, Pennsylvania has declared itself a Mindful Village. This article exams what mindfulness is and how we can build a mindful community.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness refers to a variety of techniques and practices that help us to pay attention to the present moment. As we integrate mindful practices into our lives, we benefit from increased awareness. The research-based benefits are considerable, including:
- reduced stress.
- improved mood and energy.
- increased focus and mental clarity.
- improved communication in relationships.
- increased ability to manage difficult situations and emotions.
- increased enjoyment and appreciation of life.
What is a mindful community?
Creating and living in a mindful community is an opportunity for personal and communal transformation. The benefits of increased community awareness are considerable for our neighbors and our planet.
As a Mindful Village, core values will unite the Media community. Here are some values to consider:
- Simplicity - bringing balance to our busy and complicated lives.
- Community - living in harmony with others.
- Awareness - using mindful skills to cultivate continuously increasing awareness.
- Ecological - striving to live more sustainably.
- Educational - developing mindful skills and applying them to personal, professional, and community living.
- Inclusivity - embracing diversity though increased mindful awareness.
Mindfulness Fridays in Media
Enjoy guided mindfulness practices with a supportive mindful community. Help shape the core values of our Mindful Village. Mindfulness Fridays is a monthly guided meditation practice and discussion from 6:00 - 7:30 at Enso Yoga, 319B W. State Street. For schedule and information, see www.experienceenso.com.